The Second Dawn
Reavers of Harkenwold Encounter EX5
Burning chapel played in 2.7, no combat
Level: 6 (Hard)
XP: 1596 (228 each)
XP for saving refugees from the chapel without combat: 175 (25 each)
Visibility: Rabble all have torches that cast bright light immediately around them, dim light everywhere else.
- Assassin – Level 6 (250 XP)
- 2 Iron Defenders – Level 4 (175 XP each)
- 4 Iron Circle Cutthroats – Level 4 (175 XP each)
- 8 Iron Circle Rabble – Level 3 (37 XP each)
- Always stays adjacent to someone; if necessary, her own allies
- Extra damage with combat advantage
- Poisoned attack with dart
- Knock enemies down with bola
- Triggered: Hide behind someone for superior cover when hit, and gain combat advantage.
- Always stay adjacent to allies and in a forward position
- Triggered: Extra movement with opportunity attacks
- Triggered: Guard allies with free attack against anyone attacking them
- Close up: Use Slasher’s Feint to get advantage
- Far enough to move around: Gain concealment with Shadow Stride
- Gain concealment with movement each turn
- Extra damage with combat advantage with short sword
- Gain combat advantage as minor action
- Stay in compact group
- Bonus to defenses when adjacent to allies
- The Iron Circle sets fire to the chapel immediately when attacked.
- The enemies’ goal is to capture Traevus and Viselle. As soon as they capture one, the capturing enemy will immediately disengage, mount, and run.
- Lien will do anything necessary to protect Viselle.
The Burning Chapel
- 15 people are trapped in the chapel
- The door is one of the first things to catch fire. Strength check DC 13 for one person to remove the barricade, and takes 5 fire damage.
- Moderate Endurance check to enter and leave building during one move, or take 5 fire damage
- At the beginning of each round, the fire grows bigger. After max size, the chapel collapses and everyone inside dies.
- Two people trapped inside are already injured and must be carried out.
- At the end of each round where the door is still barricaded, two people pass out, and anyone already passed out perishes.
- Embankment is difficult terrain
- Trees: 11 DC Athletics check to climb, concealment in tree, trunk provides cover
- Chapel outer wall: Provides cover, 2 squares of movement to cross
- Wells: 2d10 falling damage, DC 20 Athletics check to climb out
- Breaking down doors: Strength DC 13, AC 5, FORT 10, 20 HP
- Garden: Difficult terrain