The Second Dawn
Session 3-2 Info for Hazel
- Hazel is trapped. In a tiny, confined, dark space.
- She has none of her weapons and can’t use her Smoke Bomb power.
- She can’t use Assassin’s Strike unless she regains her weapons or uses an improvised one.
- She does still have her Elixir of Clairvoyance, her Potions of Cure Light Wounds, and her Lucky Charm.
- From the last few weeks, Hazel remembers a battle in the Feywild and arriving in Harkenwold on an errand to find someone, but she doesn’t remember who.
- By chance, while in Albridge in Harkenwold, Hazel stumbled on an old comrade: Thade was another member of her old adventuring band – the only one as amoral as Nazin Redthorn. He’s a coarse, opportunistic alchemist and dabbler in magic. He respected Hazel but preferred Redthorn’s leadership.
- Thade got the drop on Hazel and hit her with a blast of dragon dust – a poison that immobilizes the victim and has the side effect of blurring short term memory. The memory effect can last for days or even weeks.
- Thade intended to make a deal with Redthorn to give Hazel to him.
- Hazel is currently asleep until the DM signals that she is awake. After waking, she can do anything she is able from within the confines of her prison: Call for help, try to get out, etc.
- When released, she will want to find her weapons and replenish her poison supplies as soon as possible.
- Hazel is an experienced poisoner! She can identify poisons and antidotes.
- From the days of her confinement, when Thade has been at home, she remembers occasionally hearing a loud sound from the farthest end of the cottage – the sound of large stones grating against each other, and creaking metal hinges.
Joining the Party
- As soon as she hears mention of the Iron Circle or Redthorn himself, Hazel remembers learning of Nazin Redthorn’s presence in Harkenwold, and is intent on seeking him out for revenge. (A little prodding of the party, asking them about why they are here and what is going on in Harkenwold, should be enough to get a mention of the Iron Circle.)
- Hazel can offer the party insight into Redthorn’s tactics and methods if they agree to let her travel with them.